Types of Long Term Stay Visa in Thailand

Whether you’re a student, expatriate, or digital nomad in Thailand, you’ll need to get a Thai visa to stay. There are several ways to do this, from standard tourist and non-immigrant visas to longer-term options for work, travel, or study in Thailand.

There are a few main types of long-term visas available in Thailand, including the following:

1. Elite Visa (ELV)

If you’re a high net worth individual and don’t mind paying a big chunk of money to live here, the Elite visa is your best bet. It’s designed to attract those who want to make Thailand their home and who can afford the price tag of a five-year, 600,000Bh visa.

2. LTR Visa

The LTR visa is one of the cheapest long-term visas and allows you to stay in Thailand without having to worry about a lot of immigration requirements. It also includes a few benefits that the other LTR options do not offer, such as being able to open a bank account.

3. Retirement Visa

The Retirement visa is a great choice for those who are looking to spend time in Thailand and don’t need the flexibility of working while they are here. It’s also an excellent option for those who are unsure how long they will want to stay here.

4. SMART Visa

The SMART Visa is an easy way to get a Thai visa if you’re a freelancer, entrepreneur, or other type of digital nomad who doesn’t want to deal with the hassles that come along with more expensive visa options like an Elite Visa or Permanent Residency.

5. Follower Visa

If you’re not a high-net worth individual, but still want to make Thailand your long-term home, the follower visa is an affordable option. It’s designed to attract the type of foreigners who don’t want to deal with the hassles of getting a long-term Thai visa, including digital nomads and those who benefit from the ‘Work From Anywhere’ policy of many major multinational companies.

6. Visa Exemption

If your country of origin is on the visa exemption list, you can enter Thailand for up to 90 days. You can also extend your visit up to a year.

7. Business Visa

If you need to stay in Thailand to run your business, a business visa is the way to go. It’s a little more complicated than a tourist visa, but it can save you time and money in the long run.

8. Thai Visa Extension

As with most long-term visas in Thailand, you’ll need to report your address to the immigration office near your place of residence every 90 days. This can be done by mail, through an agent (Power of Attorney), or in person at the office.

9. Long-Term Rentals

If you’re planning to rent a place in Thailand for a long period of time, you’ll need to get a landlord license. These licenses are required for properties worth more than 20,000 baht. They can be obtained from the Thai government or a Thai property developer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *